This year's Christmas card (which has a more involved design than what is shown above) took me a great deal longer than I had thought it would or really that it should, BUT it began with the concept of moving one step closer to the writing and illustrating of a children's book. I wanted to do a complete project using some of the concepts and lessons I have learned so far. The poem woke me up one night and from there it all became a delightful, deeply involving project. After I completed the card and mailed them all out, I tried (in vain so far) to put the card to motion, in both Flash and AfterEffects. I actually did both but I still haven't figured out how to make it look good on the internet. My idea was to present the card, in motion here on the blog. I haven't given up yet, but to be honest I can't figure out what I have done wrong. The file "renders" either too large (way too large) or the graphics just aren't very crisp. Even though this hasn't worked, the process of taking time each day to write, illustrate, design, and then to learn some Flash and AfterEffects has been great. Inch by inch, I love the learning process and just imagining what I could do next! By next Christmas I hope to have the "motion" idea down pat.
Hour by hour this already has been such a great journey so far.